Skyip? question

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Thu May 12 17:48:35 UTC 2011

On Thu, May 12, 2011 at 07:18:52AM -0400, Jerry wrote:
> Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 07:18:52 -0400
> From: Jerry <jerry at seibercom.net>
> Subject: Re: Skyip? question
> To: FreeBSD <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
>
> On Wed, 11 May 2011 17:20:10 -0700
> Gary Kline <kline at thought.org> articulated:
>
> > What does the list think of XBill's buyout of Skype?
>
> Gary, if you want to get your fill of FUD on this issue, I would
> strongly recommended that you visit the "Slashdot" site. It has been
> filled with bull-shit on this subject for days now.
>
> Personally, it reminds me of a football coach's reply to a reporter a
> few years ago. There were three teams left in the playoffs and the
> coach's team was to play the winner. The reporter asked the coach how
> he planned to handle the situation. He replied, that he was going home,
> sit in his recliner with a beer and watch the games on TV. Once the
> outcome of the games had been decided and his opponent revealed, he
> would answer the reporter's question.
>
> Personally, I believe the buyout is a plus. Microsoft intends, at least
> from press releases released so far, to incorporate Skype into XBox and
> Outlook for starters. It will undoubtedly make the use of Skype far
> easier on Microsoft's operating system. I have yet to see the downside
> of the deal.
>
> --
> Jerry ???
> jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net
>
> Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies, ignored
> or reported as Spam. Do not CC this poster.
>
> Please do not ignore the Reply-To header.

	then what i heard on public broadcasting ['marketplace'] is
	about right; that m$ will expand the skype network to fit its
	few striong points.  just to 2-check, thanks.

	gary

	ps: =i= myself rarely use the phone, and now that xbill has bot
	skype, i'd use anything *but*

           Journey Toward the Dawn, E-Book: http://www.thought.org
          The 7.98a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org