bootloader problem

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Tue May 10 12:10:59 UTC 2011

Roelof,

On Tue, May 10, 2011 at 2:44 AM, Roelof Wobben <r.wobben at home.nl> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Nobody who can help me.
>
> Roelof
>

> Op 9-5-2011 9:03, Roelof Wobben schreef:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have two disks, one of 80G with Win7, and one of 60G with at this moment
>> Opensuse and Minix.
>>
>> Now I want to switch from Opensuse to FreeBSD.
>> On the first disk Opensuse there is grub installed .
>>
>> What is the best way to tell the installer what bootloader I need, so all
>> three will start?

It is difficult setup and windows 7 will complicated things.  There
are several ways to do it, but it is hard.  Thus many my shy away from
responding :(

Here's a section of handbook on bootloader
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/boot-blocks.html

Problem(s) with triple booting examples

http://forums.freebsd.org:8080/showthread.php?t=19440

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-distributions-5/triple-booting-win-linux-freebsd-356467/

Hope this will help in some way, but in case you install three OSes
and only able to access 2, try to use a Plop/GaG/grub4dos live disk to
be able to boot the other OS and try to experiment a bit.  I am not
expert so you may decide to *not trust* my advice.  I had difficult
time booting FreeBSD and windows vista and could not succeed in an
efficient manner :(

Regards,

Antonio