Sending a Fax

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Sat May 7 20:24:29 UTC 2011

On Sat, 07 May 2011 10:29:46 -0600, Reed Loefgren <rloefgren at forethought.net> wrote:
> I'd like to add to this that, in my opinion, the real issue these days
> is the emailing of unencrypted business papers.

You do not have ANY idea of how clueless people can be,
do you? :-)

Again, I've seen in REALITY that it was NO PROBLEM for
me to obtain "classified" and "secret" documents via a
chain of unencrypted and unprotected WLAN and "Windows"
shares. No e-mail magic involved. I could even use the
company's printer to tell them the surprising facts. :-)

> I take the position that
> *nothing* is ever deleted from an email server these days; or from those
> servers that are just relaying, no matter what the RFC says.

I think so, too, especially if legislation "encourages"
the providers of those services to store all the messages
they handle for "investigation purposes". You can imagine
the standard arguments for that procedures...

> I shake my
> head at what people send to their correspondents, that they would never
> think of discussing with a stranger.

This is a result of "PC on, brain off". :-)

Popular intant messengers sometimes are even more problematic,
i. e. when the terms of use for those services state that IF
you use the service, you delegate all your rights on the
messages written to the provider of the service.

Bob: i made great invention today will bring many money
Tim: cool tell me more !

I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. :-)
--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany