about ulpt speed

Wojciech Puchar wojtek at tensor.gdynia.pl
Thu May 5 22:44:44 UTC 2011

we recently bought kyocera 2020D printer. There are USB and LAN versions.
We got cheaper USB as it is connected 1 meter from server anyway.

But seems there are some problems with USB
ulpt seems to work fine, device is connected at 480Mbps

but 2 page 5 megabyte postscript file is transmitted 10-15 seconds.

On Kyocera 3900DN which have EXACTLY same internal processor, same amount
of RAM, but LAN interface and even similar printing mechanism and nearly
same look - same file is accepted below one second to printer and soon it
is printing it.

Larger postscript files are transmitted longer.

I am not sure but seems it is not printer problem. Any ideas what to
check/change in ulpt?