OT: Security question (openssl vs openssh)

Mark Moellering mark at msen.com
Tue May 3 14:34:16 UTC 2011

Everyone,
I am looking into setting up a webserver to hold some very sensitive
information.  I am trying to figure out which is more secure, forcing
any web connections to be done using an ssh tunnel or forcing ssl.
I have not been able to figure out if one is definitively much more
secure than another or if they are close to the same.  I would have
initially thought the ssh tunnel was more secure but knowing that ssl
can use AES-256, I am now wondering if that isn't adding a complexity
for little extra security.

Thanks in advance

Mark Moellering