Ethernet connection and monitor resolution in DesktopBSD

Jason Hsu jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com
Thu Mar 31 17:14:12 UTC 2011

I'm trying out DesktopBSD in VirtualBox.  I like it better than PC-BSD and GhostBSD.

However, the Internet connection isn't working out-of-the-box.  When I go to the network configuration utility, select the auto DHCP, and click on Connect, nothing happens.  I have an Internet connection in my host OS, so no external factors are stopping my Internet connection in DesktopBSD (guest OS).

Also, my screen resolution is stuck at 800x600.  How do I change it to 1024x768?

--
Jason Hsu <jhsu802701 at jasonhsu.com>