FreeBSD mirror server on a Debian operating system?

Csanyi Pal csanyipal at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 14:33:36 UTC 2011

Gökşin Akdeniz <goksin.akdeniz at gmail.com> writes:

>> So my question is: can I have a mirror of a FreeBSD server on my public
>> server that run already a Debian operating system?

> Instead of working with packages, I suggest working with ports. As you
> have already installed a base system, you can install anything with ports.

OK, I tried with 'portsnap fetch' command as root too, but it stall too:
Looking up portsnap.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 5 mirrors found.
Fetching snapshot tag from portsnap5.FreeBSD.org... done.
Fetching snapshot metadata... done.
Fetching snapshot generated at Mon Mar 28 02:04:59 CEST 2011:
'here is a long word of letters and numbers' 18% of 64 MB 341 kBps
02m38s

Here (or at 67%, or at.. but never reach 100%) stall the download. :(
What can I do to solve this problem?

--
Regards, Paul
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/lptinterface/>