Can't Boot 8.2 with Gmirror

Jason C. Wells jcw at speakeasy.net
Sun Mar 27 20:43:11 UTC 2011

Once upon a time, I partitioned two disks identically and then added
them to a mirror.  It was good.  Then I upgraded to 8.2-RELEASE and now
I can't boot.  Well, I did a little recovery work and I am currently
booting without the gmirror so I am satisfied that my data is safe.

Having read a few messages it sounds like there are some steps I need to
take to fix up my partitioning scheme to make things work right in
8.2-RELEASE.  But since gotchas got me once, what are the gotchas?
Should I partition before adding a disk to a mirror?  Unfortunately, one
of the messages that I read said, "There's no fix as yet." so I am quite
leary of proceeding without a little help from my friends.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells