why vim ports have personal KNOBS for options

Subbsd subbsd at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 19:40:39 UTC 2011

On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 10:48 PM, Erik Trulsson <ertr1013 at student.uu.se> wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 27, 2011 at 10:19:44PM +0400, Subbsd wrote:
>> Ive wanted to ask why the option of vim port has not yet been handed
>> via dialog by default. Personally, to make them work, we must define
>> WITH_OPTIONS=yes in make.conf (or WITH_VIM_OPTIONS=yes). Life without
>> it is so difficult ;)
>
> Because the maintainer of the vim port has a dislike for the OPTIONS
> framework.

I expected to hear that just so happened historically. Тext question I
ask only to satisfy my interest. What OPTIONS framework basically can
someone not like it?
Цhat are the disadvantages compared to " grep define
/usr/ports/<category>/<portname>/Makefile "? Maybe the other of
thousand maintainrs something not know about it?