FreeBSD mirror server on a Debian operating system?

Csanyi Pal csanyipal at gmail.com
Sun Mar 27 16:44:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have installed on my old Toshiba Satellite 2540CDS Laptop the minimal
FreeBSD 8.2-RELEASE, using CD image: FreeBSD-8.2-RELEASE-i386-disc1.iso

I have a home LAN with a gateway and I have a public Debian Server too.

When on my laptop want to install some package from a FreeBSD server, I
can't even if I select a nearby server. In Hungary the FreeBSD server
doesn't have my recent release, in Slovenia does but the internet
connection is probably slow because using sysinstall the state of
downloading data from server stall.

So the solution that I see in my case is to have my own FreeBSD mirror
server that I can use only me on my LAN. This mirror server should run
on my public Debian server. Why only me should use this server? Because
my ISP package allow to me only 4GB traffic.

So my question is: can I have a mirror of a FreeBSD server on my public
server that run already a Debian operating system?

--
Regards, Paul
<http://sourceforge.net/projects/lptinterface/>