searching for a good IDE

"C. Bergström" cbergstrom at pathscale.com
Sun Mar 27 16:19:40 UTC 2011

Alokat wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm searching for a good IDE for my development stuff - c, c++,
> python, rails, php ....
> Can someone advise one?
> And I don't wanna use eclipse. :-)
Try to google and test for yourself.  "stuff" isn't very specific - Is
this casual code hacking and you need only syntax highlighting or you
want intelligent code completion and other things..

Netbeans likely covers all those languages to some extent
Qtcreator - QT based, but probably does syntax highlighting just as well
as Kate
vim / emacs - etc...

There's no panacea to this question.. What editor may work really well
for one language may not be the best for another..

Good luck