adding SRV records to a FreeBSD server

Ola Peters OPeters at partnershiphp.org
Thu Mar 17 21:12:09 UTC 2011

Hi there,

Thanks so much for placing this contact information in your header!  I am trying to add SRV records to my name server, which is a FreeBSD box.

(Output from uname -a):

ns1# uname -a
FreeBSD ns1.partnershiphp.org 4.11-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.11-RELEASE #0: Fri Jan 21 17:21:22 GMT 2005     root at perseus.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  i386

I don't have a clue where to start and everytime I make a change, I bring our website down.  Do you have a link or an example to tell me where I can do this?

Thanks so much,

Ola Peters
Senior Unix Administrator
IT Department
Partnership Healthplan of California
360 Campus Lane, Suite 100
Fairfield, CA 94534

Phone: (707) 863-4407 | Fax: (707) 863-4349

Email: opeters at partnershiphp.org
Our website: www.partnershiphp.org

~ PHC CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE ~

The information contained in this document may be privileged, confidential, and protected under applicable law and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient or the employee or agent responsible for delivering the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and destroy the document.