Updating OpenSSH

Carmel carmel_ny at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 16 13:50:35 UTC 2011

I was just wondering about the version of SSH used on FreeBSD.

According to the OpenSSH page:

OpenSSH 5.8/5.8p1 released February 4, 2011 [contains security fix]

Now, according to my system, FreeBSD-8.2, I have this version:

OpenSSH_5.4p1 FreeBSD-20100308, OpenSSL 0.9.8q 2 Dec 2010

# openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.0d 8 Feb 2011

So why is an older version shown? Also, when does the FreeBSD
team intend to update the system OpenSSH version?

I have the following notation in my /etc/make.conf file:

	WITH_OPENSSL_PORT=yes

Should I have something else also? I have FreeBSD 8.2-STABLE installed.

--
Carmel
carmel_ny at hotmail.com