Unable to umount

Robert traveling08 at cox.net
Sat Mar 12 16:17:25 UTC 2011

Greetings

On two separate systems running 8.2 Stable updated yesterday, I am
unable to umount any USB thumb drives after mounting. I have tried both
Fat32 and UFS formatted drives. I have tried with and without HAL
enabled.

I am running with all ports up to date and the latest XFCE4. This
problem started with the upgrade of XFCE4 and Xorg. Here is how it looks

[robert at dell64] ~> mount_msdosfs /dev/da6s1 Flash
[robert at dell64] ~> ls -l Flash
total 128
drwxr-xr-x  1 robert  robert  32768 Jan 21 18:18 Android
drwxr-xr-x  1 robert  robert  32768 Jan  6  1980 LOST.DIR
drwxr-xr-x  1 robert  robert  32768 Jan 21 17:36 rosie_scroll
drwxr-xr-x  1 robert  robert  32768 Jan 21 16:53 rssreader
[robert at dell64] ~> umount Flash
umount: unmount of /home/robert/Flash failed: Device busy
[robert at dell64] ~> umount /dev/da6s1
umount: unmount of /home/robert/Flash failed: Device busy

If I log out of XFCE4 to the CLI, I can then umount normally.

Is anyone else seeing this?

TIA

Robert