Fresh binary install

Chris racerx at makeworld.com
Tue Mar 8 20:30:49 UTC 2011

Hi everyone -

Getting back in to FBSD after a 2 year absence. I have the 8.2 DVD (1)
and would rather do a binary install and have it working out of the box
with Gnome. Minimal tweaking after the fact would be preferred along
with binary updates opposed to using the ports tree.

The goal - to keep this system running with as little intervention as
possible (I suspect binary updates/upgrades is the way to go since it
was something that was just starting a few years back).

I'm moving away from a Linux system but do not wish to dedicate the
time I used long ago.

As I mentioned, it's been a few years so I would appreciate the best
way to do this. Any an all guidance would be great.

--
Best regards,

Chris
1AB5FEF8