python27 update-py-psyco

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Mon Mar 7 14:37:47 UTC 2011

On 3/7/11, ajtiM <lumiwa at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sunday March 6 2011 12:01:47 b. f. wrote:

> Thank you. I am reading /usr/ports/UPDATING special like now but there are
> problems. And I have a problem again with /usr/ports/devel/py-psyco
> I get:
> c/mergepoints.c:242: error 'JUMP_IF_FALSE' undeclared here
> *** Error code 1

There is not enough context here to learn much, but this is the kind
of error that could occur if this port is built with python 2.7.x.  It
may be that your ports tree is still not up-to-date, because this is
one of the few ports that doesn't work with python 2.7.x [The upstream
maintainer was working on a new version (see the port website), but
hasn't finished it yet], so Martin modified the port:

http://www.FreeBSD.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/ports/devel/py-psyco/Makefile.diff?r1=1.17;r2=1.18

Do you have those changes? Is py-psyco using python 2.5.x or 2.6.x
during the build?  If not, update your ports tree (and make sure that
it really _is_ up-to-date, by looking at the file afterward, because
some mirrors have been having problems lately), then (for safety)
rebuild whatever version of python (2.5.x or 2.6.x) you are using with
py-psyco, and then try again. If it still doesn't work, post your full
build log to the freebsd-python mailing list.

b.