python27 update-py-psyco

ajtiM lumiwa at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 12:01:56 UTC 2011

On Sunday March 6 2011 12:01:47 b. f. wrote:
> >I am using portmaster all the time more or less without problems.
> >I like to switch to portupgrade but I don't know if is good to mix them. I
> >think I will wait to FreeBSD 9 and than install evrything from scratch.
>
> You would have encountered the problem that you mentioned regardless
> of whether you used portupgrade or portmaster, and the results would
> have been the same.  It was a flaw in the ports tree itself, not in
> the updating tool.
>
> I think that portmaster is probably a better choice for most people,
> since it implements most if not all of the features that portupgrade
> does, the maintainer is more active, and it doesn't need ruby and bdb
> to work, or require extra databases.  Mixing portupgrade and
> portmaster shouldn't cause any problems, as long as you take care to
> keep your portupgrade port and package databases up-to-date,  but it
> probably isn't necessary to use both.
>
> Whatever you decide, I urge you to take a few minutes to read the
> manpage of your updating tool.  It can save you a lot of time and
> frustration later.  Also, if you want to avoid problems, after major
> changes to the ports tree, it is safer to wait for a few days before
> updating your own ports.  Usually there are a few problems that are
> uncovered and fixed after major changes are made, and it takes a few
> days or a week for this to happen.
>
> b.

Thank you. I am reading /usr/ports/UPDATING special like now but there are
problems. And I have a problem again with /usr/ports/devel/py-psyco
I get:
c/mergepoints.c:242: error 'JUMP_IF_FALSE' undeclared here
*** Error code 1

I trid make clean and make again but it is the same.

Thanks.

Mitja
--------
http://jpgmag.com/people/lumiwa