Firefox printing

steven at bsd-q1.nospam.homeip.net steven at bsd-q1.nospam.homeip.net
Sun Mar 6 19:53:24 UTC 2011

On Sunday 06 March 2011 11:13:55 you wrote:
> 	(Followups redirected.)
>
> steven at mailer3.nospam.homeip.net writes:
> >  When printing postscript to file (or PDF, and actual printers
> >  too), the font and spacing of text is incorrect and does not look
> >  good.  When I do the same on Firefox 3.6.13 on Ubuntu 10.04, I
> >  get clear output.
>
> 	I send the following to gecko@ a day or two ago:
>
> 	I have a LaserJet 6mp, connected to:
>
> FreeBSD 9.0-CURRENT #0: Sat Oct 23 08:15:53 EDT 2010 amd64
>
> 	running:
>
> cups-base-1.4.6_2
> cups-client-1.4.6
> cups-image-1.4.6
> cups-pstoraster-8.15.4_6
>
> 	Using this, I am able to print correctly from:
>
> 	the command line
> 	LibreOffice
> 	Acrobat Reader
> 	Opera
>
> 	I am not able to print correctly from:
>
> 	Firefox 3.6.14
> 	SeaMonkey 2.0.11
>
> 	In both cases the output is squished both horozontally and
> vertically so that it takes up ~40% on the desired space.
> 	Checkng the mailing list archives back into November shows
> nothing that matches this.
>

> 	Does this match your symptoms?
>
> 	Respectfully,
>

> 					Robert Huff

I installed seamonkey 2.0.11 and I observe the same squishy output.
I can print from other applications without any problems either.
Print to postscript or PDF and then view it with ghostscript or PDF viewer.
Therefore this has nothing to do with CUPS or the actual printing to one's
printer.  It has to do with the generation of the postscript file, perhaps by
cairo.

I have included the good postscript output from the linux system's firefox as
reference.  Please see previous message for the bad postscript output.

Steven