python27 update

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sun Mar 6 04:17:59 UTC 2011

> I tried to update python26 to python27. I did as I red in /usr/ports/UPDATING:
>
> portmaster -o lang/python27 lang/python26 and than
>
>  cd /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages -DUSE_PORTMASTER
>
> and after one day and a half of pressing yes for deleting old files I got:

Has it been a day and a half already?  ;)  Seriously, though, read the
portmaster manpage and learn how you can take some shortcuts, like
running 'portmaster  -y --clean-distfiles', or using other flags to
lower the amount of interaction required.

> -----
> error: Comand" cc - shared -pthread -02 -pipe -WI, -rpath
> -/usr/local/lib/gcc45 -fno -strict -aliasing build/temp. freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-
> i386-2.7/build/src.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-i386-2.7/numpy/core/src/-sortmudele.o -
> Lbuild/temp.freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-i386-2.7-lm -o build/lib-freebsd-8.2-RELEASE-
> i386-2.7/numpy/core/-sortss"
> failed with exit status 1
> ***Error code 1
>

> Stop in /usr/ports/math/py-numpy
> =>>>make failed for math/py-numpy
> =>> Aborting update
> =>> Update fpr py26-numpy-1.5.1,1 failled
> Aborting update
> Update for opencv-2.1.0 failed
> aborting update
>
> Terminated
> ***Error code 143
> Stop in /usr/ports/lang/python

You need to update your ports tree to make sure that you pick up:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/cvs-ports/2011-March/213081.html

which should fix the above problem.

> Is it possible to save this problem, please? Do I need run again cd
> /usr/ports/lang/python && make upgrade-site-packages -DUSE_PORTMASTER and wait
> one day more or will portmaster continue where it stopped?

Try:

... make upgrade-site-packages -DUSE_PORTMASTER PORTUPGRADE_ARGS="-R"

Even if that doesn't work, you won't have to repeat all of your
previous work, because those ports that were successfully updated in
the last run will no longer have files in the old python26 library
directories, and so won't be rebuilt by re-running upgrade
site-packages, unless you were to run portmaster with additional
flags.

b.