Purchased Binaries

Doug Hardie bc979 at lafn.org
Fri Mar 4 21:43:46 UTC 2011

I have a client who has purchased some software.  I don't know anything much about it yet other than it claims to run on Debian and CentOS.  I suspect its binaries.  I will have access to things like the developer, name etc. on Monday.  However, thats when he needs to know if I can make it run on FreeBSD. I am not convinced I want to run production software on the Linux compatibility suite.  No good reason other than it sounds like its adding a lot more opportunities for breakage.  This has to be an always up application.  I have virtually no knowledge of CentOS other than it was installed on one server when I got it.  Any chance those binaries might work on FreeBSD?  I am planning on starting with FreeBSD 8.2 since its just out and working fine on one of my servers, but could use an earlier version if required to make this stuff run.