mysql missing from my home-page WordPress....

Zbigniew Szalbot zbigniew.szalbot at sgmlifewords.com
Fri Mar 4 07:20:11 UTC 2011

Hello,

>        Thanks duly noted to everyone.  I was beginning to wonder if I
>        had lost what mind I've got left!  Not used to losing my two trial
>        blog, (1), and beyond that, being dumbfounded at how messy it
>        may be to keep WP "current."   (2)

It seems to me you are making you life more difficult with WP than it
needs to be. Keeping WP current is a piece of cake, and you do not
need to do it via ports. WP has built-in ftp capabilities and once you
provide it with proper credentials, upgrading is as easy as clicking
the upgrade button from within WP admin interface. This way you can
keep multiple WP installations and easily maintain them.  :)

Warm regards,

Zbigniew Szalbot