Simplest way to deny access to a class C

Patrick Gibson gibblertron at gmail.com
Thu Mar 3 23:58:06 UTC 2011

You might consider mod_security (/usr/ports/www/mod_security) which
can be set up to ban hosts based on behaviour or characteristics.

Or fail2ban (/usr/ports/security/py-fail2ban) is really great, too, in
that it scans whatever logs you want, and can trigger a block in your
firewall if enough violating log entries are found within a particular
period of time. Everything is totally configurable, and there are
plenty of examples that come with it.

Patrick