Samba and Active Directory

Graeme Dargie arab at tangerine-army.co.uk
Tue Mar 1 08:31:43 UTC 2011

Hello list,

I have tried putting this on the samba mail list seems that no knows or is willing to share, having got good help with freebsd on here before, I figured its worth a shot, apologises if it is not 100% OT.

I am sure this has been asked a million times but here goes for +1

I am looking for help, or pointers to a good resource to get FreeBSD 8.2 and Samba 3.5 working within a Win 2008 AD environment, the samba how to got me so far, but I am missing something somewhere as none of the shares defined within the smb.conf will connect without asking for a username and password.

Regards

Graeme