Mozilla retires Firefox 4 from security support

Chip Camden sterling at camdensoftware.com
Thu Jun 23 16:25:21 UTC 2011

Quoth Jerry on Thursday, 23 June 2011:
> On Thu, 23 Jun 2011 08:02:23 -0400
> Robert Huff articulated:

<snip>

> The best part is that many of my "add-ons" again no longer work. From
> what I can see in the ports system, and I may be wrong, there is not an
> option to use the version 4 either although remnants of version 3x
> seem to still be available. It appears that a user is forced into
> version 5 from version 4. Wow, and people bitch about Microsoft's update
> policies.

Yes, Pentadactyl for one.  Upgrading to its nightly build version makes
it work, sort of.  Looks like text fields no longer scroll properly.
This is taking the Google-led trend of "beta is the new release" to
extremes.

--
.O. | Sterling (Chip) Camden      | http://camdensoftware.com
..O | sterling at camdensoftware.com | http://chipsquips.com