Any working SIP-phone on FreeBSD?

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Sun Jun 19 16:35:06 UTC 2011

On Sun, 19 Jun 2011 09:49:49 -0600
Chad Perrin articulated:

> I eagerly await the day when office suites go the way of the dodo.  I
> think people use them more due to a form of Stockholm Syndrome than
> out of any specific need, in most cases.

Would you care to elaborate on that statement? Is your prejudice based
on the fact that there is nothing in the open-source community that can
even begin to match the robustness and ease of use of MS Office, and so
as to simplify this question, I am referring to the latest offering; ie
MS Office 10, or do you have some other specific complaint?

Unlike your appraisal of the situation, I find that users use office
suites, in this case MS Office because it offers the end user what they
want. Specifically, an all-in-one application that integrates
seamlessly into their home or work environment without the need of
additional software.

Microsoft's decision to offer MS Office in several flavors was a wise
investment. The MS Office Home and Student 2010 can be purchased for
$79 from many distributors. I know over a dozen users who have
installed this very suite on their home PCs simple because the
price+value exceeds anything available anywhere else.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.