Another PHP5 problem

Jack L. Stone jacks at sage-american.com
Thu Jun 16 14:20:16 UTC 2011

At 05:09 PM 6/16/2011 +0300, Reko Turja wrote:
>> Now, I wrestling with the apache2 and apr0 issue. The apache port
>> Makefile
>> wants apr0, but it now has vulnablilities. Ports UPDATING says to do
>> this
>> with apr:
>> - remove apache2 and then: portupgrade -f -o devel/apr1 devel/apr
>> ...and then reinstall apache2. That didn't work because the Makefile
>> in
>> apache still wants apr0. I changed the Makefile to apr1 but the
>> build
>> failed after it looked again for that apr0 later in the build. I
>> didn't
>> find another call for apr0.
>
>Apache 2, not Apache 2.2? Could you consider upgrade - haven't had any
>problems with that version in several years now. Of course, everything
>depending on apache needs recompile afterwards.
>
>-Reko

No, UPDATING sez the apr thing applies to both apache2 and 22. Yes, aware
of need to recompile the dependencies. Apache2 port specifically still
wants the vulnerable apr0 which cannot be updated yet. I updated my ports
tree, but a new apr version was not there yet. So, stuck between a rock and
a hard place.

Jack

(^_^)
Happy trails,