mysql_connect error

Michael Powell nightrecon at hotmail.com
Wed Jun 15 05:30:42 UTC 2011

Rodrigo Gonzalez wrote:

> On Tuesday, June 14, 2011 09:46:17 AM Glenn McCalley wrote:
>> Seen other people have this problem but cannot get their resolutions to
>> work for me.
>>
>> "Fatal error: Call to oundefined function mysql_connect() in etc., etc."
>>
>> This began happening after an upgrade to php5 using the portmaster
>> program. phpinfo page does -not- show the mysql_connect function
>> anywhere. phpinfo page is at www9.bnetmd.net/index.php if you have the
>> desire to look.
>
> It looks good, where are you getting the error? in a web page or using
> cli?

 Type php -v at a command prompt. It should return something like this:

testbed# php -v
PHP 5.3.6 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Mar 31 2011 11:08:23)
Copyright (c) 1997-2011 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2011 Zend Technologies
    with XCache v1.3.2-rc1, Copyright (c) 2005-2011, by mOo

If it does not, go to the php-extensions port, run make config and check the
box which builds the CLI version. It is in addition to all the other
extensions so it won't interfere with them.  The CGI build option  is also
more commonly required when using FastCGI.

I'm basing this on the report that mysql_connect works OK in a web page but
is failing when run at CLI. If I am misunderstanding something please
excuse.

-Mike