printing to a HP Deskjet 812C printer

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 23:12:10 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 6:03 PM, Ross <basarevych at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 28, 2011 at 1:54 AM, Antonio Olivares
> <olivares14031 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jul 27, 2011 at 5:43 PM, Ross <basarevych at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> It requires CUPS and replaces system lpr. Here's an example on setting
>>> up HPLIP: http://daemon-notes.com/articles/install/hplip

>> Thanks Ross,
>>
>> But I have to compile/recompile kernel just to get it working?
>>
>> I'll think about it :?
>> Howto you have provided is detailed and I cannot complain :(
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Antonio
>>

> Well, you had problems with ulpt so maybe removing it which is
> required for HPLIP is a solution. Sorry if recompiling the kernel is
> not an option for you. Otherwise it just works.

Ross,

I am afraid to screw up and for the first time, I can say that I have
updated FreeBSD successfully without hiccups and I have not compiled
the kernel on FreeBSD :(, I have done it on linux systems many times,
but have not here, and I would hate to lose all the work just to get
the printer working.

I will be patient and try some things out then report back.  I
appreciate the help and if I can't find a solution, I will take the
plunge :) and hopefully not fail.

Regards,

Antonio