can't build teTeX port in FreeBSD 8.2 amd64

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 27 20:22:47 UTC 2011

Anton & et all,

> hrs@ has been most speedy and helpful. He added
>
> print/latex-chapterfolder
> print/tex-mfpic
>
> With these 2 new ports + teTeX I can build this book
> fully, no errors. Check it out.
>
> If you know of another tex project where teTeX fails,
> please send me the details. I'm keen to patch
> teTeX as far as possible with no major
> changes to TDS, i.e. just adding or updating
> a package.
>
> --

Thank you very much with your input & fix to default TeX/LateX setup
on FreeBSD.  I know TeXLive 2011 is out(I have it on DVD) but I tried
your changes and yes the book does compile after adding the two ports
:)

There was a new release on the book and I have a new script to build it :

http://www.stitz-zeager.com/Precalculus/Stitz_Zeager_Open_Source_Precalculus_files/SZPreCalc07152011SourceCode.zip

====================================
#!/bin/sh

# change JPG to jpg since *nix systems are case sensitive
for i in `find . -name "*JPG"`
 do
 mv "$i" "$(echo $i|sed 's/JPG/jpg/g')"
 done
sleep 5;
pdflatex AlgTrigBook.tex -interaction=nonstop
sleep 2;
for i in *.mp
   do
      mpost $i
   done
sleep 5;
pdflatex AlgTrigBook.tex -interaction=nonstop
sleep 5;
makeindex AlgTrigBook
sleep 5;
pdflatex AlgTrigBook.tex -interaction=nonstop
=======================================

Here's another book with source code, and even with full texlive can't
get it to compile properly :(

http://www.mecmath.net/trig/

Here's source
http://www.mecmath.net/trig/trigbook-1.1-src.tar.gz

modify trigbook.sh by changin /bin/bash to /bin/sh, and give it a whirl.

[olivares at quadcore /usr/home/olivares/Downloads/trigbook-src-1.1]$
./trigbook.sh
This is pdfeTeX, Version 3.141592-1.21a-2.2 (Web2C 7.5.4)
entering extended mode
(./trigbook.tex
LaTeX2e <2003/12/01>
Babel <v3.8d> and hyphenation patterns for american, french, german, ngerman, b
ahasa, basque, bulgarian, catalan, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, esperanto, e
stonian, finnish, greek, icelandic, irish, italian, latin, magyar, norsk, polis
h, portuges, romanian, russian, serbian, slovak, slovene, spanish, swedish, tur
kish, ukrainian, nohyphenation, loaded.
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script/scrbook.cls
Document Class: scrbook 2004/09/16 v2.9t LaTeX2e KOMA document class
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script/scrlfile.sty
Package scrlfile, 2004/09/16 v2.9t LaTeX2e KOMA package
                  Copyright (C) Markus Kohm

) (/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/base/bk11.clo)
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/koma-script/typearea.sty
Package typearea, 2004/09/16 v2.9t LaTeX2e KOMA package
                  Copyright (C) Frank Neukam, 1992-1994
                  Copyright (C) Markus Kohm, 1994-2002

)) (/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphicx.sty
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/keyval.sty)
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.sty
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/trig.sty)
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/graphics.cfg)
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/graphics/dvips.def)))
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/float/float.sty)
(/usr/local/share/texmf-dist/tex/latex/nomencl/nomencl.sty

! LaTeX Error: Unknown option `intoc' for package `nomencl'.

Type  H <return>  for immediate help.

l.97 \ProcessOptions\relax

?

 The problem that I have encountered is the TiKZ package :(

http://www.texample.net/tikz/builds/

even with full TeXLive I can't get past those errors :(

Thank you very much for your input and also to the users that have
contributed to the thread.  This is not to add fuel to the fire!, but
to see if someone knows how to deal with TiKZ and the above
\ProcessOptions\relax probs.

Regards,

Antonio