baffled on how to get packages onto the disc image of a custom release

Aryeh Friedman aryeh.friedman at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 12:16:38 UTC 2011

I have been banging my head for almost a day now about how to get
"make release" (or make iso.1 or package-split) to populate
releaase/R/cdrom/* (actually I only care about dvd1 for now) and am
totally lost on how to go from having a valid package list (and split)
in /usr/ports/package to having it on the dvd... the only thing I know
for sure there is some magic that happens before making
release/R/stage abd release/R/cdrom/* in which a install script and
tar are made (I think) and this means I need to put packages
where?!?!?!? to get any of the make targets to make the script and
tar?