Lennart Poettering: BSD Isn't Relevant Anymore

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Wed Jul 20 22:09:02 UTC 2011

On Wed, 20 Jul 2011 14:29:41 -0600
Chad Perrin articulated:

> If you turn off the automation that connects you to networks you do
> not want, you turn off the "advantage" you suggest FreeBSD needs.

Maybe its a language thing; however, I am not comprehending what you
are trying got say.

You would, or at least I would, limit the networks I want to
automatically connect to. That can be as few as one, or none if you
simply disable it entirely.

FreeBSD suffers from unneeded user intervention in order to configure
the device, assuming (and that is a large assumption) that a driver
is available for said device. In the case of "N" protocol devices, the
chances of one being available ate moot to none.

--
Jerry ✌
jerry+fbsd at seibercom.net

Disclaimer: off-list followups get on-list replies or ignored.
Do not CC this poster. Please do not ignore the "Reply-To" header.