em0 NIC slow on 8.2-p1 amd64?

Michael W. Lucas mwlucas at blackhelicopters.org
Wed Jul 20 16:04:34 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm running FreeNAS 8.0/amd64, with an 8.2-p1 kernel.  When using FTP
or SCP, performance maxes out around 30MB/s. This is on a gigabit
network, no errors showing.

It looks a lot like kern/152828, but it seems that nobody's looking at
that.

As per suggestions from the archives, I've tried disabling TSO. No
change.

Anyone else experiencing this, or have any suggestions? At the moment,
the boss is complaining that his Windows Home Server is doing better
than this machine, and that's a technological direction I really don't
want to go in.

Thanks,
==ml

--