Install 8.2-Release AMD64 on Laptop with Raid0

Thomas D. Dean tomdean at speakeasy.org
Tue Jul 19 19:15:05 UTC 2011

On Tue, 2011-07-19 at 11:52 -0700, Chuck Swiger wrote:
I discovered how to get to BIOS on the laptop.  <esc> very early in the
power process brings up a menu.  F10 gets in to BIOS.

One item, OROM UI <enable/disable> was disabled.  Enabling this flashes
a menu for 2 sec on boot that allows <ctrl-I> to get into the raid ROM
for setup.

I see the ability to create/delete raid volume and reset to non-raid.

The disk/volume information is
ID   Name        Level             Strip   Size      Status Bootable
0    RAID-0      RAID0(Stripe)     32KB    1.1TB     Normal   Yes

Physical
Port    Device Model       Serial     Size     Type/Statue(Vol ID)
0       Toshiba MK6461GS  61ABD08TB   596.1GB  Member Disk(0)
1       Toshiba MK6461GS  61ABD08SB   596.1GB  Member Disk(0)

I still do not understand which disk to install to, ad4, ad6, or, ar0?

See my earlier message containing the output of fdisk.

tomdean