Lennart Poettering: BSD Isn't Relevant Anymore

Michael Sierchio kudzu at tenebras.com
Tue Jul 19 18:19:05 UTC 2011

IMHO what has helped Linux is the existence of commercial
distributions with support - Red Hat, SUSE, etc.  The only attempts to
do this for BSD have been undercapitalized and/or half-hearted.

But I find the general premise of the discussion to be - how to say
this politely? - stupid.  Things that interest me are relevant, things
that don't presumably are not, until they are.

- Michael  (FreeBSD since 2.2.2)