Lennart Poettering: BSD Isn't Relevant Anymore

Sergio de Almeida Lenzi lenzi.sergio at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 12:28:00 UTC 2011

Em Seg, 2011-07-18 às 07:30 -0400, Jerry escreveu:

> On Mon, 18 Jul 2011 15:47:24 +0700
> C. Bergström articulated:
>
> > I wish people would spend as much time solving problems in *BSD as
> > they do trying to defend an irrelevant OS ;)
>
> Personally, I wish they would spend more time in developing fully
> functional wireless drivers as opposed to simply bumping the major
> version number every 18 months +/-. I have two new laptops ion front of
> me that I cannot use FBSD on simply because they don't support the
> wireless (N class obviously) installed in them.

Thanks Jerry....

Personally I think that the solution is simply $$$$...   and it is not a
BIG $$$

Here In Brazil , I am raising a company that sells FreeBSD solution, if
spend about US$1000/month for R&D on FreeBSD , by putting a bid on some
projects,
(wireless drivers, network manager...), I think in few time we will have
the network drivers,
running.  US$1000/month is about 12.000/year..   I bet there is a lot of
people willing
to earn that money.
The code would be donated to the FreeBSD community.  It is cheaper than
hire
a full time programmer. (and have the job done in few time too).

Sergio