gcc 4.4.7

b. f. bf1783 at googlemail.com
Sat Jul 16 21:43:30 UTC 2011

> I decided to switch from portmaster to portupgrade and pkddb -F show many
> stale dependencies on gcc-4.4.5.20110503 (lang/gcc44).
>
> Do I need to put new dependencies to gcc-4.5.4.20110630 or something else,
> please?
> For portmaster I put IGNOREMI+ line and it works but I don't know how to do
> with portupgrade.

I am not sure what you mean by using +IGNOREME here.  Unless you have
a good reason to use lang/gcc44, you should replace lang/gcc44 with
lang/gcc45, and rebuild or otherwise obtain newer versions of the
packages that formerly used lang/gcc44 at runtime, so that the newer
packages use the libraries from lang/gcc45 at runtime.  The
bookkeeping in the portupgrade database and in /var/db/pkg, and the
updating tool(s) that you choose to use, are relatively minor details.
 If you choose to use portupgrade to do this, you should probably do
something like:

portupgrade -o lang/gcc45 lang/gcc44
portupgrade -rfx lang/gcc45 lang/gcc45

(although it has been a while since I used portupgrade). You may want
to first try the steps with an added -n.

b.