before i ugrade from 7.3 to 8.x....

Balázs Mátéffy repcsike at gmail.com
Sat Jul 16 09:50:11 UTC 2011

On 16 July 2011 11:27, Matthew Seaman <m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk>wrote:

> On 16/07/2011 06:45, Gary Kline wrote:
> > i ant to be as sure as possible that my network stuff and mail
> > Works!   how can i test my /etc/namedb/*  'stuff'?  pretty sure mail
> > works .. AND finally, i'm glad i stuck with FreeBSD and fer all your
> > help.
>
> http://dnscheck.iis.se/ is a good start.  Given that you're posting to
> this list, I'd say mail and DNS is probably working.  Maybe not
> completely perfect, but good enough.  Beyond that, it's usually a matter
> of checking your logs and dealing with any problems as they come up.
>
>        Matthew
>
> --
> Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.                   7 Priory Courtyard
>                                                  Flat 3
> PGP: http://www.infracaninophile.co.uk/pgpkey     Ramsgate
> JID: matthew at infracaninophile.co.uk               Kent, CT11 9PW

Hello,

If you want to check your zones, you can use "dig @localhost DOMAINTOCHECK
AXFR" for a local zone transfer from the dns server itself. Or from another
server "dig @yourdnsserver domainname. Or from a windows server the command
"nslookup", then in the nslookup query add your dns server as source like
this: "server yourdnsserver" then your can check the domains by just typing
them in.

What exactly you want to check Gary?

Best Regards,

Balazs