can't build teTeX port in FreeBSD 8.2 amd64

Jamie Paul Griffin jpg at gnix.co.uk
Sat Jul 16 08:14:49 UTC 2011

> Yes, I'm aware of this, but texlive
> is not an option for me, unless and
> until it appears in the port tree.
> But I'm also aware of the "step up
> or shut up" reality, so I shut up.

As Frank pointed out, It's common to have more than one TeX distribution installed. I have had TeTex and TeXlive installed for quite some time and indeed multiple versions of TeXlive can live together in /usr/local. Maybe that would work for you. Anyway it sounds as though you're happy with your setup which is the main thing. I'll probably only ever use a small subset of the TeXlive distribution, there is so much there.

	Jamie