CUPS and Windows Printers

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Jul 14 03:59:36 UTC 2011

On Wed, 13 Jul 2011 11:49:59 -0700, James Colannino wrote:
> Hey everyone,
>
> I've been Googling around, trying to figure out how to see Windows
> printers via CUPS on FreeBSD, but so far, all I've found are links
> describing how to share FreeBSD printers with Windows boxes.  Can anyone
> tell me how I can connect to Windows printers via CUPS + Samba so that I
> can start getting some work done at the office? :)  Thanks so much!

Not specific to FreeBSD, but maybe this help you:

Printing To Windows PCs
http://tldp.org/HOWTO/Debian-and-Windows-Shared-Printing/printing_to_windows.html

Also read chapter 5.1 of this material.

Obtained by a google search. :-) I can't give better
advice as I'm not a "Windows" person, and I avoid
using CUPS whenever possible (usually by using a
network printer that doesn't need all this stuff),
and due to lack of experience with MICROS~1 stuff
I can't be fully sure that this is what you're
searching for.

The only thing that comes to my mind is that this
seems to be a command line approach - so in relation
of CUPS configuration mainly done through a web
interface today, maybe you could also ask this
question in a CUPS web forum?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany