disk spinning continuously + cpu possibly overheating = sudden death

Manish Jain invalid.pointer at gmail.com
Sat Jul 9 16:22:33 UTC 2011

   Hi Chuck,
   What do I make of it when the system runs flawlessly both on Win XP
   and FreeBSD-8.0-amd64 ? BTW, 8.2 does NOT - for reasons unfathomable
   to me - install /usr/sbin/apmd. I don't know how significant that is,
   but I have had to insert into rc.conf :
   apm_enable="NO"
   apmd_enable="NO"
   Thanks for any help.