ZFS on Root

Todor Dragnev todor.dragnev at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 08:05:26 UTC 2011

On 23.06.2011, at 16:08, Chris Brennan wrote:

> * Peter Toth <freebsd at snap.net.nz> [2011-06-23 22:54:59 +1200]:
>
>> Did you set the mount point properly for your ZFS root? My previous post
>> was intended as an example only, you need to tailor it to your setup.
>> Also, you can use mfsbsd for installation very easy and straightforward
>> http://mfsbsd.vx.sk/ .
>
> This looks great, but my foggy brain isn't understanding how to use it?
> Do I just burn the iso to media and boot it? Or is there some track that
> involves a wand (sorry for my sarcasm lol)

Hi Chris

I just installed ZFS on ROOT on two 1TB SATA disks:

First you need to download freebsd 8.2 memstick release

http://www.freebsd.org/releases/8.2R/announce.html

After booting from memstick you must enter in Fixit shell

and then to follow step by step instructions from post in Dan's blog:

https://www.dan.me.uk/blog/2010/02/08/booting-from-zfs-raid0156-in-freebsd/