why desktop apps are able to kill my freebsd box?

Timo timo.bsdmail at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 00:59:21 UTC 2011

Who decided to run any privileged application, in terms of doing what
you didn't want it to? Did you at all try to implement anything you were
not sure of? Or what did you ask again?

What do you want to employ in the first place, and what security risks
are negotiable? (firefox/freezings? try to reseat every piece of
hardware until no freeze is found, including cpu, then complain about
software)