mount /unmount

Subhro Kar subhro at 80386.org
Mon Jul 4 13:37:51 UTC 2011

Hello,

You seem to be new to FreeBSD. In that case , I would recommend you to read the Handbook. It is very very good documentation.

On 04-Jul-2011, at 5:58 PM, tethys ocean wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have 3 question
>
> is FreeBSD can boot and run all service while one of slice is not mount for
> example /usr slice..

Yes, FreeBSD can run off a single filesystem.

> and second question is my mysql is in /var slice if /var is not mout can I
> access mysql being root and chek all databases also can read log file on
> /var

If /var is on  separate filesystem, then there is no way you can access anything inside /var without mounting /var first.

> third question is can I mount any unmount slice by using just fsck  :)

fsck is a utility which is used to check filesystem for consistency. For mounting a filesystem you should be using /sbin/mount and for unmounting you should use /sbin/unmount.

Thanks
Subhro