OpenNMS under FreeBSD?

Sevan / Venture37 venture37 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 1 11:14:48 UTC 2011

On 30/06/2011 04:22, Brandon Gooch wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 12:03 PM, Dennis Glatting <freebsd at penx.com> wrote:
>> I am looking at OpenNMS under FreeBSD but it isn't in the ports tree
>> although there are various discussions of OpenNMS under FreeBSD.
>>
>> Is there a reason why OpenNMS isn't in the ports tree, such as it doesn't
>> port, no one is willing to step up as a maintainer, or there are licensing
>> issues?
>>

> There is a port here, created by Sevan Janiyan:
>
> http://www.geeklan.co.uk/files/opennms/
>
> I don't know whether or not it's been submitted to ports yet, but I'd
> be interested to see if you get it up and running. Report back with
> your findings!
>
> -Brandon

Hi,
The reason its not in the tree is because data loss occurs when the port
is removed, this is because its binaries,settings & data are mixed
together with dynamicly generated file names thrown in for good measure.
This needs to be fixed upstream.
All the port currently allows you to do is install Opennms with ease.

The changelog for the 2 ports can be found here:
http://www.geeklan.co.uk/?p=132
http://www.geeklan.co.uk/?p=196

Sevan
P.S CC me on replies, I'm not subscribed to this list