devel/anjuta: creating project does not offer project's dialog.

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Jul 1 07:06:12 UTC 2011

Using Anjuta as my potentially IDE, I realize a weird behaviour since my
last try years ago. Anjuta was supposed to show a dialog about when
creating a new project. Documentation explicitely mention this. But in
my case (a newly installed anjuta), selecting a C-project, GTK+, then
ends up in the final requester "Summary". Confirmation does not even
show any created files or something else. This happens with all
potentially to be created projects.
Importing a hand-installed GNU autotools backed up project works fine,
superficially spoken.
The boxes running Anjuta are all AMD64 and running most recent FreeBSD
9.0-CURRENT/amd64.

Version of ports anjuta is reported to be 2.32, but webpage of the
anjuta project reports 2.28. Am I missing something?

And, for those actively developing, is there a good alternative to
Anjuta (no KDevelop, since I do not like KDE and do not have KDE). Thanks,
Oliver