Bridge Interface Members

Matthew Seaman m.seaman at infracaninophile.co.uk
Mon Jan 31 06:00:20 UTC 2011

On 30/01/2011 16:49, Carl Chave wrote:
> Trying to configure a bridge interface with two member interfaces,
> fxp0 and re0.  Configuring the interface from scratch manually works
> fine but when I add config entries to rc.conf the two member
> interfaces aren't added at boot.  Bridge0 is created it just doesn't
> have any members.  From the serial console I can manually add the two
> member interfaces and everything is fine but obviously I'd like it to
> work without manual intervention.  Any ideas?
>
> Here's my rc.conf entries:
>
> cloned_interfaces="bridge0"
> ifconfig_bridge0="addm fxp0 addm re0"
> ifconfig_fxp0="up"
> ifconfig_re0="up"
> ifconfig_bridge0="inet 10.0.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 up"
>
> Any ideas?

Yes.  You overwrite your first ifconfig_bridge0 setting with the second
one.  These are shell variable initializations, not executable statements.

There are various ways to fix the problem.  Try this for example:
replace the second ifconfig_bridge0 line with:

ipv4_addrs_bridge0="10.0.1.2/24"

	Cheers,

	Matthew

                                                  Flat 3