Exiting Xorg / fluxbox causes system to freeze

Joseph Mingrone jrm at mingrone.org
Fri Jan 28 18:35:56 UTC 2011

Hello,

All is working well with the latest hald, dbus, Xorg and fluxbox
compiled from ports.  I'm not using a configuration file for Xorg and
my /var/log/Xorg.0.log can be found here:
http://gly.ath.cx/misc/Xorg.0.log.

Some lines from the log file that look suspicious to me are:

drmOpenDevice: node name is /dev/dri/card0
Failed to change owner or group for file /dev/dri! 2: No such file or directory
Failed to change owner or group for file /dev/dri/card0! 2: No such
file or directory
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
Failed to change owner or group for file /dev/dri/card0! 2: No such
file or directory
drmOpenDevice: open result is -1, (No such file or directory)
drmOpenDevice: Open failed

Joey