Can't install - Octave, SuiteSparse

Gerald Pfeifer gerald at pfeifer.com
Thu Jan 27 23:52:29 UTC 2011

On Wed, 27 Oct 2010, Zbigniew Komarnicki wrote:
>> This is probably a GCC problem. What exact version are you using
>> (pkg_info | grep gcc)? There is another recent report of issues with
>> the latest update to lang/gcc45:
>>
>> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-ports/2010-October/064212.html
>>
>> Perhaps the maintainer knows more (cc'd) or you could try rolling back
>> temporarily - I've successfully built suitesparse with 4.5.2.20101014
>> on amd64 current recently.
> # pkg_info | grep gcc
> gcc-4.4.6.20101012  GNU Compiler Collection 4.4
> gcc-4.5.2.20101021  GNU Compiler Collection 4.5
> gccmakedep-1.0.2    Create dependencies in makefiles using 'gcc -M'

Sorry, I just realized I totally missed this question.  Are you
still seeing the problem?

Looking at the web archive of this thread, I do not see anything
stand out.  What happens if you remove gcc-4.4.6.20101012 and try
to build everything with GCC 4.5?

It may be worthwhile doing a 'portupgrade -a' or similar and rebuild
all ports with one and the same compiler before trying again.

Gerald