wine questions

Fred fred at blakemfg.com
Thu Jan 27 18:54:09 UTC 2011

Hello,

I need to buy an expensive logic device programmer that connects to a PC
through USB.  Unfortunately, the user software that make it go only runs
on Bill Gates' cancerous, virus-infested, scourge of the Earth excuse
for an OS which I do not use.  Is it likely to work ok using wine?  What
type of programs do not work well with wine?  There is a supported,
commercial version of wine that runs on Linux.  Would I be better off
buying that and running it on the FBSD Linux emulation?

Best regards,
Fred