Problem with freebsd-update on 7.3-RELEASE

Brian DeFreitas briandef at securityishard.com
Thu Jan 27 09:31:56 UTC 2011

Konstantin Vasilyev wrote:
> I know about how freedsd-update work.
> I use for a long time.
> But I don't understand why is freebsd-update going to update
> > FreeBSD ota2.cellnetrix.com 7.3-RELEASE-p4 FreeBSD 7.3-RELEASE-p4
> > The following files will be updated as part of updating to 7.3-RELEASE-p4:...

Ah, I see the problem now.

The only thing I can think of is that your kernel and world might be out
of sync, but if you're used to freebsd-update that seems unlikely.

What's the output of 'freebsd-update IDS' ? I've had luck running that
to see what freebsd-update thinks is going on with the system.